Hello lovely readers! Thank you for stopping by on our tour spot of GIVEN TO THE SEA by Mindy McGinnis. We are big fans of Mindy and cannot stop raving about her writing and are so very excited to be a part of this tour and encourage more fans to read Mindy's newest creation literary creation. As part of our tour we are going to tell you why you should read GIVEN TO SEA and we hope you will agree.
1. To start things off. LOOK!!! at this gorgeous cover! It is beyond amazing and I can't stop looking at it. I want to pet it all day...all day.
2. Mindy’s books cover many genres (post-apocalytpic, historical, contemporary, and now fantasy), and she writes about what she wants and she does it so beautifully! She will give you all the feels, and she will surprise and teach you. Christy and I LOVED The Female of the Species and could not talk about it enough. We even made a video book talk about it. So, you would not want to miss reading this newest novel. Psssst...it's a sure thing.
3. There aren’t many books about the “sea” in the fantasy realm. And for those of us that enjoy our fantasy reads there is nothing like having a new realm to add to our reading library. I am so very excited for this book and hope everyone will too.
4. It’s part one of a duology. So, a minimal investment for a good payoff. In a time where series are exceeding past the trilogy mark it is a refreshing change to have a series conclude in two books. We say bring it on!
5. Finally but by no means least who doesn't want to read about some star-crossed lovers like Khosa and Vincent. Their lives become inexplicably intertwined when Khosa whom cannot stand human touch decides that she doesn't want to fulfill a prophecy thus propelling Vincent to save her. Ahhhh....I can smell the angst
GIVEN TO THE SEABuy it: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Khosa is Given to the Sea, a girl born to be fed to the water, her flesh preventing a wave like the one that destroyed the Kingdom of Stille in days of old. But before she’s allowed to dance – an uncontrollable twitching of the limbs that will carry her to the shore in a frenzy – she must produce an heir. Yet the thought of human touch sends shudders down her spine that not even the sound of the tide can match.
Vincent is third in line to inherit his throne, royalty in a kingdom where the old linger and the young inherit only boredom. When Khosa arrives without an heir he knows his father will ensure she fulfills her duty, at whatever cost. Torn between protecting the throne he will someday fill, and the girl whose fate is tied to its very existence, Vincent’s loyalty is at odds with his heart.
Dara and Donil are the last of the Indiri, a native race whose dwindling magic grows weaker as the island country fades. Animals cease to bear young, creatures of the sea take to the land, and the Pietra – fierce fighters who destroyed the Indiri a generation before – are now marching from their stony shores for the twin’s adopted homeland, Stille.
Witt leads the Pietra, their army the only family he has ever known. The stone shores harbor a secret, a growing threat that will envelop the entire land – and he will conquer every speck of soil to ensure the survival of his people.
The tides are turning in Stille, where royals scheme, Pietrans march, and the rising sea calls for its Given.
Mindy McGinnis is an Edgar Award-winning author and assistant teen librarian who lives in Ohio. She graduated from Otterbein University with a degree in English Literature and Religion, and sees nothing wrong with owning nine cats. Two dogs balance things out nicely.
April 3 – Brittany’s Book Rambles – Author Guest Post
Tales of the Ravenous Reader – Reasons to Read Mindy’s Books –
Mundie Moms – Review & Favorite Quotes –
SuperSpaceChick – Given to the Sea Book Look –
Fiction Fare – Author Q&A –
Alexa Loves Books – Bookish Style File –
Good Choice Reading – Author Q&A –
Oh the Book Feels – Given to the Sea Pinterst Board –
Bookworm Everlasting – Review –
Dark Faerie Tales – Author Q&A –
The Young Folks – Author Q&A –
Once Upon a Twilight – Review –
The Hardcover Lover – Given to the Sea Mood Board –
Bibliophile Gathering – Review –
– YA Wednesdays – Author Guest Post
GIVEAWAY PRIZE & RULES
Enter for a chance to win one (1) of five (5) copies of Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis (ARV: $17.99 each).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter between Eastern Time on and . Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 and older. Winners will be selected at random on or about . Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.