HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Dear followers! We hope that you have had a great holiday season that it was spent with loved ones as well as some well loved books.
We also hope you have enjoyed our collaboration this past year and that the upcoming year will bring you back for more. We love what we do and we are always searching for new ways to make our content more interesting and fun which is why we have expanded our reach to our Youtube page. We will be posting there a lot more this year so please come check us out.
For those readers that are local we have our ever expanding list of YA author events posted on our side bar and 2017 is starting off with a bang. If you haven't introduced yourself to us yet, please do so. We love to meet new book lovers and talk about books and you can see that is highly evident on our twitter accounts @diamondxgirl and @ravenousreadr as well as our instagram accounts @diamondxgirl and @ravenousreader.
A Year in Review with Christy & 2017 Bookish Resolutions
2016 was one heck of a year for me. A jumped full force into the book world and did some really amazing things! In reflecting on the year, here's what I vow to do in 2017:
- Support authors who represent the diverse populations I am fortunate to be surrounded by. This means reading more diversely. I'm planning to read a minimum of one #ownvoices new release monthly.
- Keep reading comics and graphic novels. My comic book group, Women with Issues, keeps me reading at least one book a month. I also review comics for Forever Young Adult. So I want at least 25% of my read list to be graphic novels next year.
- In the tradition of long commutes, I plan to consume 50% of my reading through audio.
- Cull that TBR by reading it! I'm joining Sarah's #RockMyTBR challenge and am planning 25% of my reads around that.
- Continue to review every book I read, even if it's just a sentence.