We constantly (not-so-humble) brag about how amazing the Bay Area book world is (Every once in awhile, Christy's husband has to tell her to dial it down a notch [WHAT? I can't help that we have the best bookish stuff happening here and I want everyone to know!]). So one day, when we were chatting with Camille, she was like, "Hey, how come the bloggers never get together?"
Last Saturday, January 14th, NYMBC and Books, Inc - Santa Clara hosted 13 authors and bloggers and let us tell you...
Each blogger paired up with an author and once the interviews are all posted (including our own with Rahul Kanaki and Sonya Mukherjee), we will link them here. In the meantime, check out the recap vlog from the day!
- Rahul Kanakia
- Traci Chee
- Christy Lenzi
- Alexandra Sirowy
- Sonya Mukherjee
- Jessica Taylor
- Kelly Gilbert
- Parker Peevyhouse
- Tim Floreen
- Nina LaCour
- Tara Sim
- Tricia Stirling
- Hannah at NYMBC --> Hannah chats Stacey Lee up here!
- Nancy and Christy at Tales of the Ravenous Reader (that's us!) --> See Nancy's interview with Rahul Kanakia here & Christy's interview with Sonya Muhkerjee here!
- Hikari at Folded Pages Distillery
- Jesalin at JBelkBooks --> Check out Jesalin's interview with Alexandra Sirowy!
- Alyssa and Addie at San Jose Public Library --> Addie gave us the 411 on Traci Chee right here and Alyssa talked with contemporary queen Nina LaCour here!
- Enna at Books, Boys, and Blogs --> Everything you wanted to know about AI with Enna and Tim Floreen!
- Amanda R. at Forever Young Adult --> See her interview with Jessica Taylor here!
- Cristina at Girl in the Pages --> OH MY is right! See Cristina and Tara talk Timekeeper here!
- Joss at Tealreader --> Check out our resident BookTuber's interview with Christy Lenzi here!
- Camille at The Young Folks
- Alicia at Shooting Stars Mag --> See Alicia chat about the future with Parker Peevyhouse here!
Not Your Mother's Book Club isn't REALLY a club. It's the name of Books Inc.'s Young Adult Author Salon. So really, we're just an inclusive bunch of PASSIONATE readers who get to hang out with the coolest authors on the scene! We throw parties, eat snacks and read, read, read, read, read...
Not Your Mother’s Book Club events go into the Not Your Mother’s Book Club Fund, which Books Inc. turns around and uses to spread the love of reading throughout the Bay Area communities.