Jill at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

OMG!!! Just look at the new cover for Lia Habel's Dearly, Beloved novel. I adored Dearly, Departed and cannot wait for this sequel to make it into my ravenous hands. Zombies, romance and corsets, what more can girl ask for?

DEARLY, BELOVED
by Lia Habel
On Sale: September 25, 2012
Hardcover Pages: 496
 ISBN: 978-0-345-52334-1

Can the living coexist with the living dead

That’s the question that has New Victorian society fiercely divided ever since the mysterious plague known as “The Laz” hit the city of New London and turned thousands into walking corpses. But while some of these zombies are mindless monsters, hungry for human flesh, others can still think, speak, reason, and control their ravenous new appetites.

Just ask Nora Dearly, the young lady of means who was nearly kidnapped by a band of sinister zombies but valiantly rescued by a dashing young man . . . of the dead variety.

Nora and her savior, the young zombie soldier Bram Griswold, fell hopelessly in love. But others feel only fear and loathing for the reanimated dead. Now, as tensions grow between pro- and anti-zombie factions, battle lines are being drawn in the streets. And though Bram is no longer in the New Victorian army, he and his ex-commando zombie comrades are determined to help keep the peace. That means taking a dangerous stand between The Changed, a radical group of sentient zombies fighting for survival, and The Murder, a masked squad of urban guerrillas hellbent on destroying the living dead. But zombies aren’t the only ones in danger: Their living allies are also in The Murder’s crosshairs, and for one vengeful zealot, Nora Dearly is the number one target.

As paranoia, prejudice, and terrorist attacks threaten to plunge the city into full-scale war, Nora’s scientist father and his team continue their desperate race to unlock the secrets of “The Laz” and find a cure. But their efforts may be doomed when a mysterious zombie appears bearing an entirely new strain of the virus—and the nation of New Victoria braces for a new wave of the apocalypse.

Lia Habel’s spellbinding, suspenseful sequel to Dearly, Departed takes her imaginative mash-up of period romance, futuristic thriller, and zombie drama to a whole new level of innovative and irresistible storytelling.**

**Synopsis from Random House**

12 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: DEARLY, BELOVED by Lia Habel"

1. I love the covers of this series, although I haven't picked it up yet---I kind of wimp out when it comes to zombies. :D

2. I cannot wait for this one either!!

Also heard that another character shows up on the back of the cover, but it hasn't been released yet I don't think.

Old Follower :)

3. September is such a long way away! I feel the same as you - loved book 1 and can't wait for book 2!

Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight.com

5. That cover is GORGEOUS! I was also a big fan of the cover for the first book but have not read yet! Perhaps I will wait to read it right before this one is released so the wait isn't so bad. Great pick! :)

6. Yay this cover is amazing! I haven't read the first book yet but it's on my TBR so I should pick it up soon.

Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

7. I haven't read the Dearly Departed... YET but I'm definitely looking forward for this one. Cover looks awesome ;) Awesome pick!

We Fancy Books

8. Oh yes, this one is totally on my wish-list too! I loved Dearly, Departed and can't wait to read more about Nora and Bram!

Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

9. Eeeeep I love this cover :D I really enjoyed Dearly, Departed so I'm definitely looking forward to this one!!! Great pick lady :D

10. I just saw it on another WOW! I haven't read Dearly Departed I need to read it soon.
    My WOW

11. i havent read the first book in this, but i want to so bad! and this cover is just so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously! i need to hurry up and read the other one! great pick!
    Tara's WoW

12. OMG I love love love this series, I and can not wait to get my hands on Dearly, Beloved!~!

Little Miss Becky wrote:
May 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Jessica@a GREAT read wrote:
May 23, 2012 at 4:39 AM

I cannot wait for this one either!!

Emily a.k.a WilowRaven : ) wrote:
May 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM

TwilightsDance wrote:
May 23, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I need to begin this series. Thanks for stopping by my WOW!! xoxo

sarabara081 @ Forever 17 Books wrote: