Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 224 pages
Publisher: Atheneum (March 22, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9781416995852
Source: publisher
Rating: YYY

Janie Gorman wants to be normal. The problem with that: she’s not. She’s smart and creative and a little bit funky. She’s also an unwilling player in her parents’ modern-hippy, let’s-live-on-a-goat-farm experiment (regretfully, instigated by a younger, much more enthusiastic Janie). This, to put it simply, is not helping Janie reach that “normal target.” She has to milk goats every day…and endure her mother’s pseudo celebrity in the homemade-life, crunchy mom blogosphere. Goodbye the days of frozen lasagna and suburban living, hello crazy long bus ride to high school and total isolation--and hovering embarrassments of all kinds. The fresh baked bread is good…the threat of homemade jeans, not so much. It would be nice to go back to that old suburban life…or some grown up, high school version of it, complete with nice, normal boyfriends who wear crew neck sweaters and like social studies. So, what’s wrong with normal? Well, kind of everything. She knows that, of course, why else would she learn bass and join Jam Band, how else would she know to idolize infamous wild-child and high school senior Emma (her best friend Sarah’s older sister), why else would she get arrested while doing a school project on a local freedom school (jail was not part of the assignment). And, why else would she kind of be falling in "like" with a boy named Monster—yes, that is his real name. Janie was going for normal, but she missed her mark by about ten miles…and we mean that as a compliment. Frances O’Roark Dowell’s fierce humor and keen eye make her YA debut literary and wise. In the spirit of John Green and E. Lockhart, Dowell’s relatable, quirky characters and clever, fluid writing prove that growing up gets complicated…and normal is WAY overrated.

MY THOUGHTS

As I began reading Ten Miles Past Normal I had no pre-conceived ideas or expectations, but I realized instantly that what I had before me was a quirky story with a protagonist that I could not help but adore.

This story is centered on Janie Gorman, a once city-gone farm girl extraordinaire that wants to be considered normal and not the girl with hay in her hair and goat pooh on her shoe. Can you say social suicide? Janie and her friend Sarah had grand plans for when they began High School but within her first few days Janie's dreams came to a screeching halt when her home life made her the "odd" man out at school. At first Janie tries to fit in but when she has deemed her quest as useless she realizes that embracing that what makes her different is her ticket to finding her niche.

It was refreshing to read a YA novel that introduced loving and caring parents instead of the usual MIA parents in teen reads. Their relationship with Janie was honest and loving and it gave the story it's roots that anchored Janie. I also admired Janie's initial fear and how she used that to propell her forward. If your looking for a story that advocates embracing who you are and where you come from, then this is something you would enjoy.

CONTEST:

If you interested in this great read just drop a line in the comments section and tell me why you would like to read Ten Miles Past Normal and I will select a winner on April 24th (sunday) 2011 midnight PST. Good Luck

19 comments on "Give-a-way and Review: Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell"

19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

LindsayWrites wrote:
April 12, 2011 at 8:57 AM

i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Maya wrote:
April 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Aydrea wrote:
April 12, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Vivien wrote:
April 12, 2011 at 10:17 AM

It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


Vivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

The Lovely Getaway wrote:
April 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM

All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


Diana @The Lovely Getaway
lovelygetaway@gmail.com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Britta wrote:
April 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

Britta


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Nicole wrote:
April 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Vampires and Tofu wrote:
April 12, 2011 at 7:22 PM

I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

Thanks for the chance to win!

willowwind@gmail.com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Bee wrote:
April 13, 2011 at 6:24 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.

19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Bee wrote:
April 13, 2011 at 6:25 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.

19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Jessy wrote:
April 13, 2011 at 6:26 AM

I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Bee wrote:
April 13, 2011 at 6:27 AM

It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Aleetha wrote:
April 13, 2011 at 8:03 AM

I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

aleetha.ally at gmail dot com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Bookish in a Box wrote:
April 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

whatinabox at gmail dot com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

-petit wrote:
April 13, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

The Story Queen wrote:
April 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

thestoryqueen@hotmail.com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Ashley wrote:
April 14, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Chloe Booklover wrote:
April 16, 2011 at 5:53 AM

I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

Thanks for the chance :)
chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com


19 comments:

  1. i want to read it b/c the cover rocks!

    americangirlie1991 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read it because the summary promises a quirky and interesting protagonist and I have not yet read a bad review about it. Thanks for the review, and for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it because the story sounds awesome. And the main character sounds like one I would like. Great review!

    danceislove27(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a refreshing contemporary read. I've been trying to find another great one. They are hard to come by. Loved the review.


    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the reviews I've read for it have been great! I don't think i've read one bad review! can't wait to read it for myself :)


    Diana @The Lovely Getaway
    lovelygetaway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win this book because it is on the top of my to-read pile! Every review I have read has had plenty of good things to say about it. And the whole premise sounds really interesting (and I secretly wish I grew up on a farm). I like how you mention in your review that the parents are loving and more involved than lots of YA parents. That sounds interesting because with the YA I've read, most parents are either messed up, absent physically/emotionally, never talked about, or mean. There are too many situations when the parents are involved (unless the book is about the parent/child relationship... even then).

    Ilikethesebooksblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks so much for this opportunity! And great review ;)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book because it is at the top of my wishlist and would really enjoy this great read.

    korra_950(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read this one for a couple of reasons...love that the parental relationship is a good one and love that the protag cares about something OTHER than hot boys.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    willowwind@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this because Janie sounds so eccentric and fun. I want to hear more about her antics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks funky, fresh and quirky. And boy, I LOVE quirky and I really want this. And normal IS over-rated :P

    Also, can anyone pass up such a cool title?!

    PS. Really sorry about the deleted comments prior to this. Blame the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read this book because I'd love to read more contemporary book. Besides this book has a great part in its family relation as you have said in your review above

    aleetha.ally at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted to read Ten Miles Past Normal since I first saw the cover, not to mention that I'm so far past normal, this book and I are an awesome match.

    whatinabox at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read it, because since the first time that I read the synopsis, I thought that this book would be awesome! And the cover is pretty too XDD

    sweet.sayumi@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read it! The summary sounds promising and I've heard really good things about it from other bloggers :) Thanks for the review and giveaway!

    thestoryqueen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been hearing a lot of really great things about this book! It sounds just exactly like something I'd love! :)

    basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved her other book, The Secret Language of girls, so I'm hoping this one is just as good!

    Thanks for the chance :)
    chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

    dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to see what you have to say :)

Dinky wrote:
April 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I want to read it because this cover is beautiful and book sounds great :) Thanks for this giveaway!

dinkyka(at)gmail(dot)com


Post a Comment

We would love to see what you have to say :)

“Reading is everything. Reading makes me feel like I've accomplished something, learned something, become a better person. Reading makes me smarter. Reading gives me something to talk about later on. Reading is the unbelievably healthy way my attention deficit disorder medicates itself. Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real. Reading is grist. Reading is bliss.”

Nora Ephron, I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman

The Ravenous Readers

Grab Our Button

Email Twitter RSS Feed

Contact Us

We are avid readers from Northern California and if you are a publisher and would like to have your YOUNG ADULT or NEW ADULT book reviewed, please email us. We accept ARCs, as well as books that have already been released. We are also more than happy to do author interviews, guest posts, and contests to promote your book as long as they are in the Young and New Adult genre. Please check our review policy prior to sending me an email, thank you. talesoftheravenousreader
(at)gmail(dot)com

Follow by Email

Followers

What Nancy is Reading

What Christy is Reading

Christy's Currently Reading


goodreads.com

Net Galley

Professional Reader

**GIVEAWAYS**

**GIVEAWAYS**
Click Here for All Current Giveaways

Upcoming YA Bay Area Book Events

We have compiled all the SF, bay area YA events in this section. If you know of any events that we have failed to post, please let us know. Also, please keep in mind that some events may change and it is always best to verify any event prior to attendance.

AUGUST

WILL RITTER
Books Inc. at Laurel Village
Monday, August 29 @ 7pm

WILL RITTER
Copperfield's in Petaluma
Tuesday, August 30 @ 4pm

Book Launch: SABAA TAHIR
Kepler's in Menlo Park
Tuesday, August 30 @ 7pm

SEPTEMBER

RANSOM RIGGS AND TAHEREH MAFI

Kepler's in Menlo Park
Thursday, September 1 @ 7pm

RANSOM RIGGS-LOOP DAY

Rakestraw Books in Danville
Saturday, September 3 @ 9am TICKETED EVENT

RANSOM RIGGS-LOOP DAY

A Great Good Place for Books in Montclair
Saturday, September 3 @ 11am TICKETED EVENT

RANSOM RIGGS-LOOP DAY
NYMBC Books Inc. Opera Plaza
Saturday, September 3 @ 2pm TICKETED EVENT

RANSOM RIGGS-LOOP DAY

Book Passage in Corte Madera
Saturday, September 3 @ 4:30pm

RANSOM RIGGS-LOOP DAY
Copperfield's in Petaluma
Saturday, September 3 @ 7pm

KIM ZARINS
The Avid Read in Davis
Sunday, September 11 @ 2pm

ELIZABETH EULBERG
Hicklebee's in San Jose
Monday, September 12 @ 7pm

ELIZABETH EULBERG

Copperfield's in Petaluma
Tuesday, September 13 @ 4pm

CALLA DEVLIN
Books Inc. In San Francisco
Wednesday, September 14 @ 7pm

GAYLE FORMAN

Books Inc. in San Francisco
Thursday, September 15 @ 7pm

TRACI CHEE
Book Launch for The Reader
Kepler's in Menlo Park
Friday, September 16 @ 7pm

GAYLE FORMAN

Copperfield's in Santa Rosa
Friday, September 16 @ 7pm

JACQUELINE WOODSON
St. John's Presbyterian Church
in Berkeley
Tuesday, September 20 @ 7:30pm

KASIE WEST
Hicklebee's in San Jose
Friday, September 23 @ 7pm

SCOTT WESTERFELD
Kepler's in Menlo Park
Monday, September 26 @ 7pm

SCOTT WESTERFELD
Copperfield's in Santa Rosa
Tuesday, September 27 @7pm

LISA McMANN
Kepler's in Menlo Park
Wednesday, September 28 @ 7pm

DAVID ARNOLD in conversation with JANDY NELSON

Books Inc. in Palo Alto
Wednesday, September 28 @ 7pm

OCTOBER

LEIGH BARDUGO

Linden Tree Books in Lost Altos
Sunday, October 2 @ 4pm
(there are very specific rules for this event so please visit the link and check it out beforehand)

ANNE BISHOP
Hicklebee's in San Jose
Sunday, October 2 @ 4pm

MELISSA DE LA CRUZ

Kepler's hosted event at Redwood Shores Library
Wednesday, October 5 @ 7pm

RICHARD PECK
Hicklebee's in San Jose
Wednesday, October 5 @ 3pm

MICHAEL DI MARTINO in conversation with GENE LUEN YANG
Kepler's in Menlo Park
Monday, October 10 @ 7pm

MARGARET STOHL
Kepler's in Menlo Park
Friday, October 14 time TBA

KRISTEN CAST and P.C. CAST
Borderlands Books in San Francisco
Sunday, October 16 @ 3pm

MARIE LU
Mrs. Dalloway's North Branch of the Berkeley Public Library
Tuesday, October 18 @ 6:30

MATTHEW KIRBY
Hicklebee's in San Jose
Tuesday, October 18 @ 7pm

MARIE LU

Kepler's in Menlo Park
Wednesday, October 19 @ 7pm

JENNIFER NIVEN, BRENNA YAVANOFF, TERESA TOTEN and KATHLEEN GLASGOW
A Great Good Place For Books
Friday, October 21 @ 7pm

NYMBC Presents: KIERSTEN WHITE, ARWEN ELYS DAYTON & JESSICA CLUESS
Books Inc. Laurel Village in San Francisco
Tuesday, October 25 @ 7pm

NOVEMBER

SJ KINCAID Book Launch for THE DIABOLIC

Hicklebee's in San Jose
Tuesday, November 1 @ 7pm

TARA SIM book launch for TIMEKEEPER

Kepler's in Menlo Park
Saturday, November 5 @ 5pm

GORDON JACK

Kepler's in Menlo Park
Wednesday, November 9 @ 7pm

Rating System

♥♥♥♥♥ Love it! A must read

♥♥♥♥ Great, give it a try

♥♥♥ Okay, a decent read

♥♥ Meh, read at your own risk

Would not recommend

DNF=Did Not Finish

Book Tour Host

Blog Archive

Blog Stats

Blog Designer