In My Mailbox lets you peek into the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. I am listing all the lovely books that I have aquired this week. If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here on the Story Siren's blog, where it all began..(This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie

This week had a wonderful surprise and I could not wait to devour it :)

GONE by Lisa McMann

Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she'd made her peace with it. But she can't handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He's amazing. And she's a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves--she has to disappear. And it's going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life--and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she'd ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out...

He reaches toward her, his fingers black and bloody, his eyes deranged, unblinking. Janie is paralyzed. His cold hands reach around her neck, squeezing tight, tighter, until Janie has no breath left. She's unable to move, unable to think. As his grasp tightens further around Janie's neck, his face turns sickly alabaster. He strains harder and begins to shake.

Janie is dying.
She has no fight left in her.
It's over.

UNHOLY GHOSTS by Stacia Kane
THE AFTERLIFE IS ONLY THE BEGINNING.The world is not the way it was. The dead have risen and constantly attack the living. The powerful Church of Real Truth, in charge since the government fell, has sworn to reimburse citizens being harassed by the deceased. Consequently, there are many false claims of hauntings from those hoping to profit. Enter Chess Putnam, a fully-tattooed witch and freewheeling Debunker and ghost hunter. She’s got a real talent for nailing the human liars or banishing the wicked dead. But she’s keeping a dark secret from the Church: a little drug problem that’s landed her in hot and dangerous water.

Chess owes a murderous drug lord named Bump a lot of money. And Bump wants immediate payback. All Chess has to do is dispatch a very nasty species of undead from an old airport. But the job involves black magic, human sacrifice, a nefarious demonic creature, and crossing swords with enough wicked energy to wipe out a city of souls. Toss in lust with a rival gang leader and a dangerous attraction to Bump’s ruthless enforcer, and Chess begins to wonder if the rush is really worth it. Hell, yeah.

THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson
Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker, bookworm and band geek, plays second clarinet and spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey. But when Bailey dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to center stage of her own life—and, despite her nonexistent history with boys, suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two. Toby was Bailey’s boyfriend; his grief mirrors Lennie’s own. Joe is the new boy in town, a transplant from Paris whose nearly magical grin is matched only by his musical talent. For Lennie, they’re the sun and the moon; one boy takes her out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it. But just like their celestial counterparts, they can’t collide without the whole wide world exploding.

15 comments on "In My Mailbox: December 27, 2009"

1. So jealous of Gone. I loved Wake. Enjoy your books!!

2. You're so lucky you got Gone! I really want to know what happens to Janie. Enjoy!

6. Gone! Great for you! My sister would love to get her hands on that book!

7. :O GONE WOW awesome, I cant WAIT TO hear what you think! The Sky Is Everwhere also looks awesome - Enjoy!!!

8. All of the books you got sound terrific! I have been meaning to read Wake since I have heard so much about it. Then on to the rest of the series. Both the other books sound like things I need to get for my Media Center too. I'll look forward to hearing what you think of them. Happy reading!

9. The Sky is Everywhere and Unholy Ghosts look so good! Love the covers for both. So pretty.

Here's what I got: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2009/12/book-haul-christmas-edition.html

Happy reading!

12. Looks like you had a good week in getting books! I haven't done a Mailbox Monday in forever. Too lazy or something, haha.

Callie wrote:
December 26, 2009 at 8:42 PM

So jealous of Gone. I loved Wake. Enjoy your books!!

Adriana wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 2:00 AM

So Many Books, So Little Time wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 5:14 AM

Great books, nancy! The Sky is Everywhere looks fantastic.

Thao wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 5:38 AM

Gone looks very interesting. Happy reading : )

Milka wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 5:48 AM

Great books! Gone sounds really interesting.

Jill of The O.W.L. wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Gone! Great for you! My sister would love to get her hands on that book!

Book Crazy Jenn wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Kathy Martin wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Laughing Stars aka The Stark Raving Bibliophile wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 7:47 AM

The Sky is Everywhere sounds great. Happy reading!

Mine is here

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 8:57 AM

The Book Explorer wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Unholy Ghosts looks amazing! It sounds awesome!

Sheila (Bookjourney) wrote:
December 27, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Gone looks fantastic! Enjoy!

prophecygirl wrote: